The Belize Tourism Board has launched the “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition Program for hotels in the country. This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adopting new behaviors and procedures to ensure both employees and travelers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product.
In this initial phase of reopening for international visitation, hotels approved for reopening will operate within a “tourism safe corridor”. Hotels approved to open within the safe corridor:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition, and
- Are able to provide full service to guests. This means that these hotels are able to provide all amenities, so as to contain the guest on the property, and minimize opportunities for guest interaction within the local community. These amenities include having transportation to offer pick-up/drop-off services from the airport; access to a restaurant on the property; have a pool or access to beachfront; and be able to provide isolated tours, limited to guests of the property only.
In addition to the above, hotels will also be implementing:
- social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces;
- online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems;
- hand sanitizing stations across the property;
- enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- daily health checks for guests and employees;
- designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
Travelers will be able to enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the hotel’s top priority.
Crown Property Management is committed to the safety and education of our staff and guests. Prior to your arrival, well schedule a call to go over what to expect during your stay with us. Please view the latest on BTB COVID-19 updates for travelers here.